Monday, November 2, 2009

#10 "Simply Believe"

#10 Sue Phillips of Binghamton, NY

“Simply Believe”

Embellishments & Techniques: Pink pearlized sheer, white embroidered ribbon, white taffeta for lining, silk ribbon roses, white flower clusters with pearls, pink and crystal bead mix, pearl beads, sheer bows with pearls, bridal tulle, organdy ribbon, needle and thread, tacky glue, and cut out pink ribbons from cancer fabric.

Artist’s Statement: I dedicate this project to my sister and my son - with the use of pink for breast cancer awareness and the use of pearl for multiple sclerosis. Simply believe in life, love and yourself. I believe in you. I admire your strength and with that you give me my strength. One day with the support of so many, these diseases will have a cure. The center roses represent the three years since I, myself, was first diagnosed with breast cancer. I believe with the support of all the concerned groups that this disease will no longer be the sentence we all hear when we are told “you have breast cancer”. Simply Believe!


No comments:

Post a Comment