Tuesday, November 3, 2009

#83 "Lady Bug, Lady Bug, Fly Away Home ..."

#83 Patricia Ann Cummings of Endwell, NY

“Lady Bug, Lady Bug, Fly Away Home ...”

WINNER – Best Use of Embellishment

Embellishments & Techniques: Thread painting of fabric, beading with sequins, and free motion embroidery using wash-away stabilizer.

Artist’s Statement: Did you know that if you caught a Lady Bug and recited the verses:

“Lady Bug, Lady Bug,

Fly away home.

Your house is on fire,

Your children are gone.”

And then blew the Lady Bug off your hand, your wish would be granted?

This bra is for my daughter, Liz, and my wish is for her. I hope she will not be the 4th generation in my family to contract Breast Cancer. The red sunflower is for her, and the two yellow sunflowers are for my mother, Nancy Clyde Walters and myself. The one on the back is in memory of my grandmother, Edith Paulene Mitchell.

No comments:

Post a Comment