Tuesday, November 3, 2009

#78 "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

#78 Doreen Spoor of Binghamton, NY

“Somewhere Over the Rainbow”

Embellishments & Techniques: Fabric dyes and gutta, fabric flowers, buttons, beads and fabric glue, ribbon, red glitter, felt, feathers, embroidery thread and goggly eyes, red nail polish, Gingham ribbon and white ruffle.

Artist’s Statement: I choose the theme for my bra that is positive, reflects hope and transports us to the days of our innocent youth. “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” reminds us of the magic of rainbows and a place where troubles melt like lemon drops. I dyed the straps red and finished them in glitter as a tribute to Dorothy’s ruby red shoes. Three clicks of her shoes and she had the power all along to be home – for anything is possible if you believe. I dedicate my bra to my good friend Dawn DeRosa who is celebrating her 20 year anniversary since being diagnosed with breast cancer. There’s no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment